Job title: sales manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Member management
Wage scale: $75,000 – $100,000 depending on experience
Who we are:
WeldWerks Brewing is a fast-growing, locally owned and operated craft brewery in historic downtown Greeley, Colorado. We execute our unique and original product line with the highest quality ingredients, a state-of-the-art brewing system and the latest brewing practices. Our core values include a dedication to quality, honest transparency, sincere candour, operational autonomy and personal growth. We strongly believe that these five core values are essential for our team members to thrive and grow. In 2021 our people have recognized us as a great place to work and in 2022 we are targeting significant growth opportunities.
Check out this role:
Our sales team is the champion of our brand. Like our “Dialed-in Beer” mantra, they continually strive to better understand who our customers are, what products excite them, and where we can execute our brand strategy to create compelling experiences. We are looking for our next Director of Sales to lead this agile and ever-expanding team.
At the heart of our sales philosophy is the delivery of unparalleled quality beer and superior service throughout the customer experience. Our key relationships are craft-centric bars, upscale restaurants, and carefully selected liquor stores. We supplement these touchpoints with participation in local festivals, promotions, and a team-wide concerted effort for ongoing account training and engagement.
Across the Front Range, our team of sales and logistics operators are constantly pushing our beer to the best outlets to reach our customers. Our future Sales Manager’s number one priority will be to engage with the Sales team as a coach, leader and mentor!
We place great importance on the training and education of our leaders – and we expect all managers/directors to do the same with their teams. Our Sales Manager will spearhead the professional growth of his team through honesty, vulnerability, communication and education. In addition to staff engagement, the Sales Manager is responsible for enhancing a holistic sales program, with the goal of driving sales strategies and building brand awareness.
It is essential that our team members go the extra mile in terms of ability and desire. We need people who naturally possess a true owner/operator mentality that will contribute to our long-term success. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic person who is delighted to join us to compose in our brewery to be the best possible!
As our Sales Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Team building and development:
- Coach, mentor, connect and engage all members of the sales and logistics team
- Constantly evaluate communication, systems, programs, processes and procedures for improvements and training opportunities
- Manage the use of the CRM and ERP system (Ekos)
- Design and implement training programs for all teams and individualized
- Develop and execute immediate and long-term sales strategies:
- Team and territory specific strategies, goals and forecasts
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
- Manage customer relations in all territories:
- Develop and maintain key relationships with top accounts
- Develop and execute channel/group account programs and sales campaigns
- Develop promotional opportunities to drive engagement
- Act as an active member and contributor to the management of the company:
- Develop and maintain relationships with all business lines of business leaders
- Be an exemplary business model in the areas of leadership, communication, professionalism, ethics and strategic + critical thinking
- Participate in management meetings i.e. quarterly planning and budgeting
- Participate as a key member in the design and management of our brand portfolio
Details about our ideal candidate:
- Skill and knowledge:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in sales or sales management
- In-depth knowledge and passion for craft beer and the brewing industry (Cicerone certification a plus)
- Advanced skill in building and motivating teams
- Advanced skill in identifying inefficiencies and creating sustainable and scalable solutions
- Advanced skill in developing new accounts and managing current accounts
- Advanced proficiency in CRM systems and Google Apps
- Advanced knowledge of sales reports
- Creative ability to develop and maintain sales marketing materials
- Solid knowledge of inventory management
- Solid knowledge of corporate finance
- Personal skills :
- Elite written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Great aptitude for continuous self-learning
- Communicate effectively with customers, management and colleagues
- Remain calm under pressure or in the face of difficult problems
- Be a strong and confident team player
- Maintain strong relationships with external groups and suppliers
- Supervisory Skills:
- Works with senior management to adopt growth strategies
- Tasks are given in the form of general objectives or areas of responsibility
- Uses independent action to set goals and decide how to proceed
- Hours, travel and physical requirements:
- Clean Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR)
- Frequently lift up to 160 pounds
- Working in a standing position for long periods
- Work weekends, evenings and events (local and regional)
- Must be 21 years old
We’re hiring for a full-time position, which includes a 401(k) retirement plan, paid sick and vacation days, training opportunities, and, of course, plenty of free beers. Full-time employees are also entitled to comprehensive health care benefits, which include 100% coverage for paid employees and 50% coverage of premiums for coverage with dependents. Beyond that, we have many other perks and opportunities to share when hiring that make working on our team all the more exciting. The expected salary range for this position is $75,000 to $100,000 per year.
WeldWerks is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Warning: The statements above are not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor to be a list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the work.